Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Altoona, WI Roundhouse
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9181
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jim Evans [ Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Vintage Electrical Schematics

> Hello All,

> Do any of you guys know of a source for
> locomotive electrical prints? Right now I am
> looking for a schematic on a B&O E8.
> Maybe there is someone I can contact that
> specializes in such material. Wire Running
> lists are also very helpful.

I have the 1945 EMD operating manual for the PRR 5900-5901 (manual No. 2300) which has a section of the wiring and a big pull-out "Typical Passenger Locomotive Wiring Diagram". But, the 5800 is an E7, not an E8.

But, if you want me to, I can scan in the chapter and the associated pull-out wiring diagram.

> Thanks....Mike

Jim Evans


Jim's train pages
jrevans@accuREMOVEsort.com

Author:  Jeff Frost [ Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Grades: maximum for adhesion?

I did a report on the Shay locomotive a while ago, and if my memory serves me correctly, a Shay was designed to take up to 14% grade, but I think climbed a 16% grade.

jsfrost@mtu.edu

Author:  Kevin Gillespie [ Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Altoona, WI Roundhouse

The last I heard, there was a group in Altoona still trying to head off the demolition of the roundhouse scheduled for April 15. Has anyone on this board heard anything further?

I'm glad that 2719 is going to be operating in Montana, but I'm sure sorry she's being converted to oil. I know oil is safer and more efficient in these times, but a steam engine just plain smells better burning coal.


kevin.r.gillespie@verizon.net

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/