Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Transcontinental
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9217
Page 1 of 1

Author:  S.S. Weaver [ Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Power Brake Rules.......

> Anybody have any information concerning the
> new Power Brake regulations which take
> effect April 1st? I'm trying to find a
> seminar but am having no luck. any help
> anyone on this board can supply I would
> appreciate. Thanks!

There's a fair amount to know concerning these regs, and a lot depends on your operation. The American Short Line Railroad Association was planning to host another conference specifically directed to the small operator. At least that is what they said in their last conference on Part 232 in Philadelphia in December. You should also check with the Railway Educational Bureau. I would expect a flurry of seminars before the final effective date on April 1st.

Another thing you should know is that the majority of Part 232 is already in effect. The April 1st deadline is the final date for when your operating people need to be up to speed on the regs.

Steve


Strasburg Rail Road
ssweaver@paonline.com

Author:  A. E. Stout [ Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:11 am ]
Post subject:  Transcontinental

I am just wondering, what part or parts, if any of the original transcontinental railroad are still operated on today.


aaron_2317@hotmail.com

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/