| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| San Diego Spaghetti Factory streetcar https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9236 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | John Craft [ Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: class, read the lesson! |
Guys, you all make good points - an individual or a tourist line can save one of these engines if it chooses to. But the original post said "Preservation Group," and when I hear that I think "Museum," so I'm framing my question under that assumption. (And a personal peeve - save us from saddletank pulling a Streamliner coach and caboose long a weedy, almost abandoned branch, and calling itself a "Museum of Railroading.") Ben, you are right in that the locos have "a history in the New River Valley." So does every house, plow, ax, and duallie pickup truck climbing 460 right now. How does "having history" translate into "being worthy of becoming a museum piece?" Industrial Darwinism? Final question: does anyone other than me find the "wooden boxcars" to have more value than the 0-4-0s? Not intending to be argumentative or single anyone out. Just interested in the perspectives. JAC |
|
| Author: | John Smatlak [ Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | San Diego Spaghetti Factory streetcar |
Passing this along for what it's worth. I have not personally seen the carbody in question. I received the following email: "I just got a phone call today from the manager of the The Old Spaghetti Factory in downtown San Diego. They have a vintage streetcar body in their restaurant that they are seeking to sell. The remodel that the restaurant is about to undergo does not allow room for the streetcar. The manager said that the streetcar was built in 1917 in St. Louis for the City of Bellingham, Washington, I believe. It's not something that we can use because our system in San Diego is not yet up and running. If you could help me spread the word that this streetcar body is for sale, that would be great. The phone number for The Old Spaghetti Factory is (619) 233-4323. Whoever might be interested in purchasing the streetcar should call them directly." Sincerely, Richard Kurylo Assistant Director North Park Main Street San Diego Orange Empire Railway Museum jsmatlak@earthlink.net |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|