| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Copies of ICC Valuations Engineering notes? https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9281 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Bob Yarger [ Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Sharp looking Black Five |
On display at the Crewe Works in May of last year. http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi?june03/06-09-03/114_1416_RT8_45157.jpg ryarger@rypn.org |
|
| Author: | Joshua [ Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sharp looking Black Five |
Mostly hidden on the left is one of the two units used for the Royal Train. I was in the UK at this time and had I known earlier about this event I would have gone there. There was also a Doncaster event this year (LNER's base). Crewe is of course the base for the LMS, the original owner of this Black 5. I did see LMS #6201 in Euston about a week after this event so it partially made up for missing Crewe. Joshua |
|
| Author: | Rob Davis [ Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Best looking 10-wheelers |
I have to share my grwoing interest in these. I think Black Fives and the CPR D-10's with lowered headlight are my all-time favorite 4-6-0's... based on looks alone. Of course, I'd be remiss not to mention a NYC F12e in that... Rob |
|
| Author: | L Beckman [ Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Best looking 10-wheelers |
> I have to share my grwoing interest in > these. I think Black Fives and the CPR > D-10's with lowered headlight are my > all-time favorite 4-6-0's... based on looks > alone. > Of course, I'd be remiss not to mention a > NYC F12e in that... > Rob I've always liked the looks of the Frisco's heavy 1400 class Ten-Wheelers. Les midlandblb@cs.com |
|
| Author: | Boyd Owens [ Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Best looking 10-wheelers *PIC* |
I'd have to cast my vote for C&NW's R-1 class... ![]() bowens@rypn.org |
|
| Author: | R. Hahn [ Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:25 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Best looking 10-wheelers *PIC* |
Don't forget the husky look of the PRR/LIRR G5s. Personally I like the LIRR ones better with the larger tenders that compliment the locomotive. Roger ![]() belpaire@aol.com |
|
| Author: | Richard [ Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Best looking 10-wheelers |
You are absolutely right, Roger, but put her in the pre-war paint scheme, with box somkebox door and graphited smokebox, along with red and gold circular number plate! These were the prettiest 4-6-0's ever built, in my humble opinion. glueck@maine.edu |
|
| Author: | Ken Middlebrook [ Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Copies of ICC Valuations Engineering notes? |
For those unable to travel to College Park, MD, how does one obtain copies of ICC engineering field notes for a particular railroad location? I have been unable to surmise the process from the various websites. Guide to Railroad Records at National Archives |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|