Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

NJ FA2
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9285
Page 1 of 1

Author:  L Beckman [ Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Best looking 10-wheelers

> I have to share my grwoing interest in
> these. I think Black Fives and the CPR
> D-10's with lowered headlight are my
> all-time favorite 4-6-0's... based on looks
> alone.

> Of course, I'd be remiss not to mention a
> NYC F12e in that...

> Rob

I've always liked the looks of the Frisco's heavy 1400 class Ten-Wheelers.

Les


midlandblb@cs.com

Author:  Michael Seitz [ Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: How long a ride?

At the Alder Gulch Shortline (30" gauge) between Virginia City and Nevada City Montana, the steam train operation operate 5 roundtrips over a 1.5 mile run (approximately 20 minutes, including wyeing the train). The steam train runs on weekends, with a gas mechanical (converted track speeder frames) operating daily during the week.

Layover at either end ranges from 15 to 30 minutes, with the following departure approximately 1 hour 45 minutes. The gas-mechanical runs faster headways (one hour to next departure). Either station has displays, food service and other entertainments. The Virginia City station has a gift shop and ticket office. Ticket sales at the Nevada City end are held by the train conductor before departure.

I believe that most ticket sales are for roundtrips, though there are some one-way fares (people walk back to the originating station or are picked up with others at the other end).

Michael Seitz
Missoula MT


Alder Gulch Shortline/Virginia City Montana
mikefrommontana@juno.com

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:57 am ]
Post subject:  NJ FA2

As Winslow Jct., NJ. Is this one actually former New York Central?


http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo=2004032912191717616.jpg&bydate%3A11
ryarger@rypn.org

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/