Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Ohio Central high bidder on Fairbanks Morse Locomo
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9316
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Red River Valley group

Whatever happened to the Red River Valley RR Historical Society of Shreveport, LA? I think they acquired some equipment in the 1980s, including the ex-Santa Fe 2-6-2 1140 from Pineland, TX. They also began dismantling the ex- D&R 2-6-0 in the local park. Are they still a functioning entity, or not?

http://www.steamlocomotive.info/vlocomotive.cfm?Display=558
ryarger@rypn.org

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Kiowa depot threatened

Kiowa, KS Santa Fe depot has been refused by the city and BNSF plans to tear it down. See link below.

http://users.aol.com/sfrr/kansas/kansas.htm
ryarger@rypn.org

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:43 pm ]
Post subject:  May be gone

Sorry, didn't notice that news was written in 1998. Probably gone now.

> Kiowa, KS Santa Fe depot has been refused by
> the city and BNSF plans to tear it down. See
> link below.


http://users.aol.com/sfrr/kansas/kansas.htm
ryarger@rypn.org

Author:  Alexander D. Mitchell IV [ Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:05 pm ]
Post subject:  How much $$ do you have?

> Does this mean, then, that a GG1 could still
> run below NYC or to Harrisburg? I'm told at
> least one (4935?) at Strasburg is still
> pretty much intact. Is that true?

The *ALLEGEDLY* intact ones are 4800 (which, if the sources I heard years ago were accurate, still has cracks that make that dream impossible) and PRR 4917/Amtrak 4934, which at last report was up in Cooperstown, NY owned by the Leatherstocking NRHS along with Steamtown refugee GG1 Amtrak 4932.

Never say never, but I see the actual odds of getting a GG1 running again as extraordinarily long--unless someone's willing to strip one to the frame and rehab it completely, including possibly repairing frame cracks. I think the wheels and quill drives may be a problem as well.

LNER4472-NOSPAM-@bcpl.net

Author:  Ted Miles [ Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Developing a Comprehensive Interpretive Plan

Kurt,

That was a great talk I wish I had been there to hear it!

Does your library at RR MUseum of PA have the Model Railroad Craftsman for 1968?

ted_miles@nps.gov

Author:  George Jenista [ Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:21 am ]
Post subject:  Red River Valley group

> Whatever happened to the Red River Valley RR
> Historical Society of Shreveport, LA?
> Are they still a functioning
> entity, or not?

I made inquiry a couple months back on a different discussion list, and was told they're still around. At the time, their focus apparently was on saving the Texas & Pacific depot, which effort seems also in limbo. Additionally, they had a pair of [ex-DL&W] commute coaches, and RPO, and a GE 65T diesel stored beneath the west side of the I-20 bridge over the Arkansas River, just south of the Illinois Central depot. That equipment may have been sold and removed..

hi_plain@yahoo.com

Author:  J. Johnson [ Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Ohio Central high bidder on Fairbanks Morse Locomo

The Ohio Central Railroad was high bidder on both Fairbanks Morse diesel locomotives on ebay.

This is NOT an April Fool's Joke.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=4124

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=4124


jmjohnson@ohiocentral.com

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/