Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

UC Gaskest
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9320
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Bob Kutella [ Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Journal pads

> You may want to read the AAR Lubrication
> Manual. It has instructions on soaking new
> pads before installation. It's important
> that the fibers are saturated with oil
> before you put pressure on them otherwise
> you may not get good lubrication across the
> whole pad.

Well, we do soak and squeeze new dry pads before installing, maybe even starting the day before. I took that as a given, and did not mean to omit that step. That is what I referred to as being more work with the use of a dry pad.

Bob Kutella


68trolley@comcast.net

Author:  dave [ Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Builder's Plates replicas

This all came about because Bama Foundry is in its slow season and I took them a stanchion to cast. Given the seasonal slowdown, they are looking for jobs and it is a good time to cast anything required. They cast brass and iron as well as aluminum.

If you like, I can take one of your plates down for replication. Hard Aluminum should provide durable service in a cosmetic venue - consider all the early aluminum castings on PN headlights and how they have held up.

dave

irondave@bellsouth.net

Author:  GP91E10A [ Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:32 am ]
Post subject:  UC Gaskest

Anyone know of a ready source for UC mounting gaskets? The only places I found were all 8 weeks in getting them to us. Any ideas? Thanks,

George


midh91@hotmail.com

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/