Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9332
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Bob Kutella [ Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Museum Professionals

The third meaning is
> in reference to someone who does something
> with great skill, whether paid to do it or
> not, such as a "professsional
> complainer".

Hi Pete,

Now I do not want to COMPLAIN about your post, but it is nice to finally know I have a skill set that can be referred to as 'professional'!!

In my opinion when we refer to a museum professional it is something more than merely a paid position since I have seen many paid employees that I certainly would not dignify by referring to them as 'professional'. It implies a level of expertise and performance, usually backed up by some credentials in the form of academic achievements and/or experience based accomplishments that justify the use of the "p" word. I would class it as merit based and definitely complimentary to the person under discussion.

And if they do not meet the expectations, do not call them a perfeshunal, even in sarcasm, since someone will surely take it out of context and use it as a quote on a resume.

Bob Kutella


68trolley@comcast.net

Author:  Hume Kading [ Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:13 pm ]
Post subject:  EXTREMELY IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT

The Interchange has moved.

If you are bypassing our home page and going straight to the Interchange script using a bookmark or favorite, you will need to change it.

Those of you who come in thru the home page and increase our hit count don't have anything to worry about.

The old Interchange address will work for an indefintie period of time and redirect you to the new location. But, that won't last forever.


Railway Preservation News
hkading@rypn.org

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/