| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| BAR scrappings https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9341 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Bob Yarger [ Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | BAR scrappings |
Ran across this on the NERAIL list: Some car scrappings on the Bangor & Aroostook. "Hello All, Today I was informed that some pieces of BAR history are no more. Two of the BAR Troop Sleeper cabooses along with another caboose and some other BAR cars and rolling stock have been scrapped. These are the pieces I can confirm were scrapped. These were the pieces that were located outside Brownville Junction in a field, on the right if you were heading North, towards the Junction from Milo. Judging by the last Captive Caboose listing I have from Mr. Kirkpatrick, (apologies if I misspelled that) Their might have been as many as 7 cabooses in that field, along with other pieces. As far as I know, all pieces in that field have been cut up. The three cabooses that I can confirm are gone were the ones slated to go the Belfast and Moosehead Lake railroad, apparently, that deal fell through. I now regret not going and photographing those pieces, I have been by there many times, without going in. If anyone has photos of those pieces they could provide to me, I would appreciate it." --Joey Kelley _________________________________________________ ryarger@rypn.org |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|