Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Railway history scholars
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9368
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:01 am ]
Post subject:  Railway history scholars

Note the term above used in this Indian newspaper article. Good way to describe yourself next time you're being interviewed by the girl from the local paper. Sounds better than the usual "rail buff" or "train collector".

http://sify.com/cities/mumbai/fullstory.php?id=13447296
ryarger@rypn.org

Author:  Don Fisher [ Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Railway history scholars

Hi Bob,

I particularly liked the "eminent" city historian title. How about "Eminent Railway History Scholar?"

de Don, N2QHV

http://www.rmli.org
n2qhv@arrl.net

Author:  David M. Wilkins [ Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Railway history scholars

Ahh, the beauty of symantics. While the University of Louisville considers me a graduate assistant, I am called a Graduate Fellow by the center I work for.

I once applied for a job with a Congresswoman. She needed a "District Administrator" which meant that I would be the person answering phones out front.

Hmm, my M.A. thesis defense is Friday, After that, I can start calling myself "Railway Historian," or "Railway History Researcher." I like it!

david.wilkins@bardstown.com

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/