| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Parts source? *PIC* https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9420 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Allen [ Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Parts source? *PIC* |
I'm looking for the type of waterglass valve handles pictured below. I've checked all the obvious suppliers, but no luck so far. Can anyone recommend a vendor that sells these?
|
|
| Author: | Rich [ Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Parts source? |
What does it say on the surface of the valve. If you cannot find one, bring the handle to a machinist, I am sure a good one could make you a new one. Good luck, Rich > I'm looking for the type of waterglass valve > handles pictured below. I've checked all the > obvious suppliers, but no luck so far. Can > anyone recommend a vendor that sells these? Connecticut Eastern Railroad Museum crij5519@earthlink.net |
|
| Author: | Larry [ Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:40 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Parts source? |
> I'm looking for the type of waterglass valve > handles pictured below. I've checked all the > obvious suppliers, but no luck so far. Can > anyone recommend a vendor that sells these? How many are you looking for? catnap@westpa.net |
|
| Author: | Ray Dewley [ Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Parts source? |
Try Ernst Flow link below. Or Contact McMaster-Carr to see if they can source them, if they are still made. Ernst Flow |
|
| Author: | Kelly Anderson [ Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:00 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Parts source? |
If you can spare one for a while, Cat Tail Foundry near Strasburg, PA can use it for a pattern and make as many as you would want. They do this sort of "knockoff" work for hobbyists and old machinery restorers all of the time, and are very reasonably priced. They can be reached at 717-661-9172 Strasburg Rail Road kelly@strasburgrailroad.com |
|
| Author: | Allen [ Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:52 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Parts source? *PIC* |
Thanks for all the responses. I'd already checked with McMaster, Bernie Watts, and other usual suppliers before posting the original message. I guess I will end up getting some replicas cast. I just thought that, with all the operating steam locomotives out there, with 2 waterglasses each, that maybe someone was still producing handles or offering reproduction handles.
|
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|