| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Pullman Heavyweight Ferdinand Magellan https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9634 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Mike LaBouliere [ Mon May 10, 2004 11:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Pullman Heavyweight Ferdinand Magellan |
Does anyone know what happened to this car? Last I heard it was owned by a museum in Florida. This car was used by Presidents of the United States, extremely rare, I beleive the heaviest Pullman made because of the armour and stuff. Any way does anyone know where it is and what is planned for it? I read a while ago that for some reason it was sitting in RMDI's yard in Coxton PA. Is it still there? Thanks Mike |
|
| Author: | Tom Gears [ Tue May 11, 2004 6:47 am ] |
| Post subject: | Still in Florida |
Check out the link. Ferdinand Magellan |
|
| Author: | Dave Crosby [ Tue May 11, 2004 2:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Still in Florida |
I think the wires may have been crossed somewhere along the line. Two former US Army hospital cars that were to be restored at Steamtown were move to RMDI a few years ago after they were deaccessioned by GCRM. Dave Crosby bing@epix.net |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|