| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| 1,000,000 RyPN Visitor!
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9655 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Hume Kading [ Thu May 13, 2004 3:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | 1,000,000 RyPN Visitor! |
Congratulations to Jim Vaitkunas who was the official 1,000,000th visitor to the RyPN site. I will contact Jim this evening to give him his prize options. Railway Preservation News hkading@rypn.org |
|
| Author: | Alexander D. Mitchell IV [ Thu May 13, 2004 4:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 1,000,000 RyPN Visitor! |
> Congratulations to Jim Vaitkunas who was the > official 1,000,000th visitor to the RyPN > site. > I will contact Jim this evening to give him > his prize options. Prize?? PRIZE???? Howcum nobody told me about this? I woulda popped in more frequently (and continued your server crashes, natch) had I known! So what's the prize, a cab ride on a QJ in China? (Airfare extra, of course....) LNER4472-NOSPAM-@bcpl.net |
|
| Author: | John Craft [ Thu May 13, 2004 4:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 1,000,000 RyPN Visitor! |
> I woulda popped in more > frequently (and continued your server > crashes, natch) had I known! So YOU'RE the one using up all the server resources, huh? Quit pushing the attendant call button just to ask for more peanuts. We need them for the hamster that's powering the generator. ;-) JAC |
|
| Author: | Hume Kading [ Thu May 13, 2004 4:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 1,000,000 RyPN Visitor! |
> Prize?? PRIZE???? Howcum nobody told me > about this? I woulda popped in more > frequently (and continued your server > crashes, natch) had I known! That's excatly why we didn't announce it. We didn't want an inflated hit count from people trying to get the 1,000,000th hit. Prize options include but not limited to: Subscription to Trains Gift membership in NRHS or R&LHS Donation to your favorite RR preservation related charity in your name Cash (well, uh, a check) Railway Preservation News hkading@rypn.org |
|
| Author: | Richard Glueck [ Thu May 13, 2004 4:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 1,000,000 RyPN Visitor! |
> Prize options include but not limited to: > Subscription to Trains > Gift membership in NRHS or R&LHS > Donation to your favorite RR preservation > related charity in your name > Cash (well, uh, a check) I was hoping for a seat on the next Norfolk-Southern steam special. glueck@maine.edu |
|
| Author: | Stephen Hussar [ Thu May 13, 2004 8:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 1,000,000 RyPN Visitor! |
To the entire RyPN staff, congratulations! SJHussar@aol.com |
|
| Author: | Charles T. McCullough [ Fri May 14, 2004 10:51 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 1,000,000 RyPN Visitor! |
> Prize?? PRIZE???? Howcum nobody told me > about this? I woulda popped in more > frequently (and continued your server > crashes, natch) had I known! > So what's the prize, a cab ride on a QJ in > China? (Airfare extra, of course....) HEY! You already won one 'contest' (for questioning who the CMBY RY is)... Ain't winning one unannounced contest enough? Semper Vaporo, Charles T. McCullough CMBY RY |
|
| Author: | Jim Vaitkunas [ Sun May 16, 2004 7:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 1,000,000 RyPN Visitor! *PIC* |
RyPN Readers: What a pleasant surprise when I got the note from Hume that I was the one-millionth visitor. I assure you that it was pure luck. FYI, since I have subscribed to Trains since the early 60s and am a long-time member of both NRHS and R&LHS, I decided that the cash would go to our next restoration project here at Minn. Transportation Museum, which is the restoration of a single truck streetcar that operated in Winona, Minnesota from 1914 to 1938. No. 10 was built by the St, Lous Car Company and is one of only a few (I count five) existing examples in any condition of a single-truck city car built between 1910-1917 of composite wood and steel construction. Thanks again to Hume and the RyPN staff for doing such a fine job. Jim Vaitkunas Minnesota Transportation Museum Traction Division Minnesota Transportation Museum jvaitkunas@msn.com |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|