It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: "New" CN E Unit
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:27 pm 

One of the IC units I take it? Was it previously painted? I seem to remember 2 in IC colors, one in CN green and another unpainted unit.

Thanks!

Joshua

CN E Unit


  
 
 Post subject: Re: "New" CN E Unit
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:42 pm 

>in CN green

Apparently, that was the previous scheme of this unit.

Joshua


  
 
 Post subject: Re: "New" CN E Unit
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:42 am 

Looks good. Railpace reported that "extra" CN E9 units were recently sold to LTE. According to the magazine, they were held as spares. Take with grain of salt.

> One of the IC units I take it? Was it
> previously painted? I seem to remember 2 in
> IC colors, one in CN green and another
> unpainted unit.

> Thanks!

> Joshua


  
 
 Post subject: Re: "New" CN E Unit *PIC*
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:32 am 

From what I can gather CN is now the owner of 7 E-units 100-106. Apparently the last 3 are ex-Burlington Northern engines.100-103 are E-9R and 104-106 are E8A units. Don't believe CN ever owned an original order E unit, only CP had that distinction, and they only had 3, 1801-1802

Image


  
 
 Post subject: Re: "New" CN E Unit
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:27 am 

The three BN units are the one's Railpace has listed as sold to LTE, I think, since they have numbers in the 9900 series...

You are right, the only E's bought new by a Canadian road were the three CPR E8's, bought specifically (along with a fourth in the order, B&M's only E8) to handle CPR/B&M joint services between Montreal and Boston.

After that service ended, they jumped around eastern Canada. At least two made it to VIA. All are gone now.

Rob

> From what I can gather CN is now the owner
> of 7 E-units 100-106. Apparently the last 3
> are ex-Burlington Northern engines.100-103
> are E-9R and 104-106 are E8A units. Don't
> believe CN ever owned an original order E
> unit, only CP had that distinction, and they
> only had 3, 1801-1802


  
 
 Post subject: Re: "New" CN E Unit
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:09 pm 

I am sorry but that is one lousy paint scheme. The traditional CN green worn by these units looked more classy and reinforced the term 'executive locomotive'.

duncan_ev_campbell@hotmail.com


  
 
 Post subject: The noodle Re: "New" CN E Unit
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:29 am 

Remember, CN's "noodle" is an international award winning design. It's probably in the best interest of the company to use the logo that is most recognized for its executive train.

> I am sorry but that is one lousy paint
> scheme. The traditional CN green worn by
> these units looked more classy and
> reinforced the term 'executive locomotive'.


trains@robertjohndavis.com


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: