Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

"New" CN E Unit
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9698
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Joshua K. Blay [ Mon May 17, 2004 10:27 pm ]
Post subject:  "New" CN E Unit

One of the IC units I take it? Was it previously painted? I seem to remember 2 in IC colors, one in CN green and another unpainted unit.

Thanks!

Joshua

CN E Unit

Author:  Joshua [ Mon May 17, 2004 10:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "New" CN E Unit

>in CN green

Apparently, that was the previous scheme of this unit.

Joshua

Author:  Rob Davis [ Tue May 18, 2004 8:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "New" CN E Unit

Looks good. Railpace reported that "extra" CN E9 units were recently sold to LTE. According to the magazine, they were held as spares. Take with grain of salt.

> One of the IC units I take it? Was it
> previously painted? I seem to remember 2 in
> IC colors, one in CN green and another
> unpainted unit.

> Thanks!

> Joshua

Author:  Finderskeepers [ Wed May 19, 2004 3:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "New" CN E Unit *PIC*

From what I can gather CN is now the owner of 7 E-units 100-106. Apparently the last 3 are ex-Burlington Northern engines.100-103 are E-9R and 104-106 are E8A units. Don't believe CN ever owned an original order E unit, only CP had that distinction, and they only had 3, 1801-1802

Image

Author:  Rob Davis [ Wed May 19, 2004 8:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "New" CN E Unit

The three BN units are the one's Railpace has listed as sold to LTE, I think, since they have numbers in the 9900 series...

You are right, the only E's bought new by a Canadian road were the three CPR E8's, bought specifically (along with a fourth in the order, B&M's only E8) to handle CPR/B&M joint services between Montreal and Boston.

After that service ended, they jumped around eastern Canada. At least two made it to VIA. All are gone now.

Rob

> From what I can gather CN is now the owner
> of 7 E-units 100-106. Apparently the last 3
> are ex-Burlington Northern engines.100-103
> are E-9R and 104-106 are E8A units. Don't
> believe CN ever owned an original order E
> unit, only CP had that distinction, and they
> only had 3, 1801-1802

Author:  Duncan Campbell [ Thu May 20, 2004 4:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "New" CN E Unit

I am sorry but that is one lousy paint scheme. The traditional CN green worn by these units looked more classy and reinforced the term 'executive locomotive'.

duncan_ev_campbell@hotmail.com

Author:  Rob Davis [ Fri May 21, 2004 8:29 am ]
Post subject:  The noodle Re: "New" CN E Unit

Remember, CN's "noodle" is an international award winning design. It's probably in the best interest of the company to use the logo that is most recognized for its executive train.

> I am sorry but that is one lousy paint
> scheme. The traditional CN green worn by
> these units looked more classy and
> reinforced the term 'executive locomotive'.


trains@robertjohndavis.com

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/