| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Can any identify these abandoned cabooses? *PIC*
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9713 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Brian McCamish [ Wed May 19, 2004 5:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | Can any identify these abandoned cabooses? *PIC* |
I found these in a farmer's field in between Eugene and Florence, Oregon just off of Hwy 126. I could only take pictures from a distance. I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about them? They appear to be wood cabooses, which would make them super old right? Also, the colors appear to be Burlington Northern, but that's all I can figure. Any information or speculation would be appreciated. Here's another picture: http://www.brian894x4.com/RYPNtemp1d.jpg My Abandoned Railroad Page ![]() brianmccamish@msn.com |
|
| Author: | Don C. [ Wed May 19, 2004 7:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | Former NP car |
> I found these in a farmer's field in between > Eugene and Florence, Oregon just off of Hwy > 126. > I could only take pictures from a distance. > I was wondering if anyone could tell me > anything about them? They appear to be wood > cabooses, which would make them super old > right? Also, the colors appear to be > Burlington Northern, but that's all I can > figure. Any information or speculation would > be appreciated. > Here's another picture: > http://www.brian894x4.com/RYPNtemp1d.jpg It is a former NP car in BN colors. Don C. milw261@sbcglobal.net |
|
| Author: | Art Miller [ Wed May 19, 2004 8:54 am ] |
| Post subject: | No Smoking |
No Smoking Within 300 Feet! |
|
| Author: | Greg Schultz [ Wed May 19, 2004 5:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: No Smoking |
> No Smoking Within 300 Feet! They're probably so water logged they wouldn't burn if you poured gasoline on them. greg@nospam.skittercreek.com |
|
| Author: | Art M [ Wed May 19, 2004 6:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: No Smoking ;-) |
> They're probably so water logged they > wouldn't burn if you poured gasoline on > them. No Open Flame, either. |
|
| Author: | Brian McCamish [ Wed May 19, 2004 8:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Former NP car |
> It is a former NP car in BN colors. > Don C. Thanks for the info, do you by chance have any further details. Maybe an estimate when they were built? I figure at least before World War 2. brianmccamish@msn.com |
|
| Author: | Don C. [ Wed May 19, 2004 10:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Try this link |
Try this link for a sister car which has been preserved by the MTM in Minneapolis-St. Paul. Their car was built in 1901. Hope this helps. Don C. http://www.mtmuseum.org/?body=jsr/roster/np1264.html milw261@sbcglobal.net |
|
| Author: | Brian McCamish [ Thu May 20, 2004 2:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Try this link |
> Try this link for a sister car which has > been preserved by the MTM in Minneapolis-St. > Paul. Their car was built in 1901. Hope this > helps. > Don C. > > http://www.mtmuseum.org/?body=jsr/roster/np1264.html That was very helpful. Thanks. It certainly does look just like the exact same model. I can't believe they are that old and just sitting there rotting away. It's so depressing. I wish someone could haul them away and give them some TLC. Oh well. My Abandoned Railroad Page brianmccamish@msn.com |
|
| Author: | Bob Kutella [ Thu May 20, 2004 4:44 am ] |
| Post subject: | Anti-Gravity |
> I found these in a farmer's field in between > Eugene and Florence, Oregon just off of Hwy > 126. Maybe the owner is using them to complete work and perfect an ANTI-GRAVITY device. I cannot see what else could be holding them upright. Looks like they are candidates for anyone needing spare caboose trucks. Bob Kutella 68trolley@comcast.net |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|