Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

New York Central history/photos needed
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9718
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Greg [ Wed May 19, 2004 1:33 pm ]
Post subject:  New York Central history/photos needed

Since this is a preservation board, I hope you consider the preservation of films and photos as part of that preservation.

I am digging into the history of the end of NY Central Steam, since I am working with my dads old movies. Anyway, I have 3 conflicting reports on the last NYC steam. We do know it was in Cincinnati area, but we have 3 different dates, and 3 different engine numbers. Anyone out there care to chime in on this one for me.

Also have some info on last runs of steam by Mohawk, Niagara, and Hudsons(also in midwest), so am looking for back-up on these.

In addition I am looking for 5x7 or 8x10 images of the two remaining NYC Mohawks, and if those organizations that have the engines can provide me images I will credit them on the video.

Lastly Ron at St. Louis Museum, contact me, as I owe you a "Norfolk & Western Steam Freights" since you loaned me some Y6 images for which I thank you.

Sincerely,
Greg Scholl

sales@gregschollvideo.com

Author:  Jim Fitzgerald [ Wed May 19, 2004 5:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New York Central history/photos needed

Greg, I have some relatively recent photos of both Mohawks on the page in the link, neither of which is my own. Credits are given, and in fact Ron Goldfeder was the source of the one of 2933. Ron Morse for 3001. I'm sure both would share them with you.

> In addition I am looking for 5x7 or 8x10
> images of the two remaining NYC Mohawks, and
> if those organizations that have the engines
> can provide me images I will credit them on
> the video.

> Lastly Ron at St. Louis Museum, contact me,
> as I owe you a "Norfolk & Western
> Steam Freights" since you loaned me
> some Y6 images for which I thank you.

> Sincerely,
> Greg Scholl


HK Vollrath's Photos
fitzrr@pioneer.net

Author:  buddy bob [ Wed May 19, 2004 6:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New York Central history/photos needed

> Since this is a preservation board, I hope
> you consider the preservation of films and
> photos as part of that preservation.

> I am digging into the history of the end of
> NY Central Steam, since I am working with my
> dads old movies. Anyway, I have 3
> conflicting reports on the last NYC steam.
> We do know it was in Cincinnati area, but we
> have 3 different dates, and 3 different
> engine numbers. Anyone out there care to
> chime in on this one for me.

> Also have some info on last runs of steam by
> Mohawk, Niagara, and Hudsons(also in
> midwest), so am looking for back-up on
> these.

> In addition I am looking for 5x7 or 8x10
> images of the two remaining NYC Mohawks, and
> if those organizations that have the engines
> can provide me images I will credit them on
> the video.

> Lastly Ron at St. Louis Museum, contact me,
> as I owe you a "Norfolk & Western
> Steam Freights" since you loaned me
> some Y6 images for which I thank you.

> Sincerely,
> Greg Scholl
Dear Greg; The last working nyc I saw was some used 0-8-0s on the s&l in about 1962-1964. Does this count? If I can find pics. they are 35mm. regards bb

Author:  Richard Glueck [ Wed May 19, 2004 6:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New York Central history/photos needed

I recollect that one April Fool's Day, not too many years past, somebody posted a great color slide of the last NYC Hudson, about to be cut up. I wish I had saved the image at the time. Anyone have an idea about where to find that picture? Fallen Flags Website has some wonderful pictures of the last NYC steam.

glueck@maine.edu

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/