Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Looking for video
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9719
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Dick Wilkes [ Wed May 19, 2004 3:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Looking for video

Does anyone publish a video covering the NRHS convention in Cincinnati in (I think) 1984? I recall that the 611 was there, and I believe the 765 as well. There were quite a number of fan trips over two weekends and even some of the days in between. I used to live in Oxford, Ohio and one of the trips went through town. There was someone shooting video for publication and he gave me his business card, but it's long gone.

Thanks,

Dick

rwilkes@mail1.vcu.edu

Author:  Greg [ Wed May 19, 2004 3:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking for video

> Does anyone publish a video covering the
> NRHS convention in Cincinnati in (I think)
> 1984? I recall that the 611 was there, and I
> believe the 765 as well. There were quite a
> number of fan trips over two weekends and
> even some of the days in between. I used to
> live in Oxford, Ohio and one of the trips
> went through town. There was someone
> shooting video for publication and he gave
> me his business card, but it's long gone.

> Thanks,

> Dick

We did a video on portions of this event....The video was called "Rare Doubleheader" It was one of our early productions(this is our 20th year), and it had no narration, cause we didn't like it in those days. Now we have a professional guy do it and have grown with the times. The title starts with 765 and 611 doubleheader to Cincinnati, then I beleive it covered the 765 trip to Winchester, as well as departures of the 611 to Danville, and 765 to Indy(we did not follow that one all day). There may be some 765 freight footage as well. Long story made too long already... the video is no longer for sale. We withdrew most of our early ones except for the 614 tape. I know Rich Melvin shot some stuff with a helicopter for his Hopewell Productions, but not sure what video it is in. There may have been others shooting then too I don't know.

I have often thought about re-editing some of this older stuff, but other projects always are way ahead of it.
Greg Scholl

PS. As I recall we withdrew these from sale around 1989 when we had much better material in the "Norfolk Southern Steam Collection", and a 765 video as well. I cringe when I think of that old program... somewhat amatuer if I can be self-critical!!!

Videos
sales@gregschollvideo.com

Author:  Greg Scholl (not Schultz) [ Wed May 19, 2004 3:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking for video

Sorry I forgot to pop the last name in the header.
Steamingly,
Greg Scholl

sales@gregschollvideo.com

Author:  Grant G. Geist [ Wed May 19, 2004 7:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking for video

> Sorry I forgot to pop the last name in the
> header.
> Steamingly,
> Greg Scholl

The videotape that Greg refers to is "Life Begins at Forty". Rich Melvin of Hopewell Productions produced it and I did some of the camera work. As I recall, we started with the 611/765 doubleheader out of Bellvue,OH, traveling to the NRHS Convention and then continued taping all the various trips during the event. I remember being in Oxford, OH, (Home of the then "Redskins", now the politicaly correct Redhawks. Mom & Dad, plus a couple of brothers and Sister-in-laws all went to school there), but I don't think we shot the train in Oxford. I'm sure Rich would still sell you a copy of the program either through Hopewell Productions or the Fort Wayne Railroad historical Society web site.

beam@tusco.net

Author:  Rich Melvin [ Wed May 19, 2004 8:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking for video

The video is still available. You'll find it here:
http://www.hopewellvideos.com/cgi-bin/s ... ey=V-765FW
or click the link below.

Grant, your memory is pretty good.Your description is accurate, plus it also includes some scenes of the 765 running out of Buffalo to Corning over the old Erie main.

CLICK HERE for the Video

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/