It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: In Search of Shay Race video from Railfair 1999
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:20 pm 

I am making a documentary on the North Carolina Transportation Museum's ex-Graham County Shay #1925. The program is near completion, but I am in search of video shot at Railfair 1999 with the "Shay Races" between the Graham County 1925 and the Mount Emily Lumber Company #1. If anyone has any video of this, or knows where such footage can be found, please contact me at either BlueRidgeVideo@Bellsouth.net or at phone number (919) 858-0370.

Thanks,
Kevin Gilliam
Blue Ridge Video

k_gilliam@bellsouth.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Shay Race video from Railfair 199
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:56 pm 

Pentrex was a sponsor of RF 99. They put out a two volume tape that shows the race.

Smokebox

> I am making a documentary on the North
> Carolina Transportation Museum's ex-Graham
> County Shay #1925. The program is near
> completion, but I am in search of video shot
> at Railfair 1999 with the "Shay
> Races" between the Graham County 1925
> and the Mount Emily Lumber Company #1. If
> anyone has any video of this, or knows where
> such footage can be found, please contact me
> at either BlueRidgeVideo@Bellsouth.net or at
> phone number (919) 858-0370.

> Thanks,
> Kevin Gilliam
> Blue Ridge Video


  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Shay Race video from Railfair 199
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:05 pm 

Kevin, I had left by the time they got around to actually racing. I remember talking to the crews of both locomotives, and Martin Hansen stating that the FRA had a fit when they heard of the plans. He figured it would take a week to work it out, and it did. I have stills, no video, but the Pentrex two tape set, "Sacramento Steam" covered it well. Maybe they would let you use theirs. He he he.

Fitz's Steam Railfan page
fitzrr@pioneer.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: In Search of Shay Race video from Railfair 199
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:27 am 

> I am making a documentary on the North
> Carolina Transportation Museum's ex-Graham
> County Shay #1925. The program is near
> completion, but I am in search of video shot
> at Railfair 1999 with the "Shay
> Races" between the Graham County 1925
> and the Mount Emily Lumber Company #1. If
> anyone has any video of this, or knows where
> such footage can be found, please contact me
> at either BlueRidgeVideo@Bellsouth.net or at
> phone number (919) 858-0370.

If I can find it, I'm pretty sure that I have some shots of the second day's race. The 1925 wasn't quite as quick that day but still put on a good show. I remember looking through the viewfinder and thinking the camcorder was in fast forward for a second. :o)

Email me off-list at (home) or (work). Note I'll be on vacation next week so email may be slower than normal.

mconrad@msmgmt.com


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: