Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

What's going on with the new message board?
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9722
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Brian McCamish [ Wed May 19, 2004 8:08 pm ]
Post subject:  What's going on with the new message board?

Please forgive my total ignorance as I'm brand new here. I was trying to access this message board for the last week from the RYPN main page and was taken to some new message board that no one is using. The only reason I found this one again, was through an old link. I didn't know it was still in use. If this is the one everyone is going to keep using, why not keep the link to here from the mainpage?

My Abandoned Railroad Page
brianmccamish@msn.com

Author:  Hume Kading [ Wed May 19, 2004 8:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What's going on with the new message board?

We are in the process of migrating the Interchange to a new server, and a new software and format.

The first part of this was to get the old database and archived messages on to the new server. This is complete, but it took a while to do it.

In the meantime, we had the old Interchange software up and running on the new server, but the new server gagged on it for reasons not totally clear to me. So, I moved the current Interchnage back to the current (old) server for now. The interchange will stay here until I get the new software ready.

And, the next step is to get the new message board's motif (colors and format) changed so that it matches the highly artistic and world renowned RyPN site graphics.

This shouldn't be that hard to do but due to a combination of limited time to work it (Boeing sold 50 7E7s to ANA so now we're really getting serious at my real job) and the user unfriendly nature of the new software style sheets it's taking a while to do.

In short, the new board is actually up and running but I haven't got it formatted that way I want. I set up a new home page at RyPN.net as part of this formatting exercise. So, if you went to rypn.net (insetad of rypn.org) and clicked on the Interchange link you'll get the new board which, as you noted, nobody is using because it's not ready. (And, I didn't think anybody would go there.)

Hope that sort of answers your questions.

I hope to have the new board up and running, and the entire RyPN archives online by the end of June. Sorry for any confusion and inconvenience in the interim.

Railway Preservation News
hkading@rypn.org

Author:  Brian McCamish [ Thu May 20, 2004 2:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What's going on with the new message board?

Thanks for the very informative reply. Now I understand. By the way, I work at Boeing Portland, myself. Glad to here we're actually gonna sell some of those 7E7s. Now as for us building anything for them, that's another story.

My Abandoned Railroad Page
brianmccamish@msn.com

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/