| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| In Search of Shay Race video from Railfair 1999
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9730 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Kevin Gilliam [ Thu May 20, 2004 5:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | In Search of Shay Race video from Railfair 1999 |
I am making a documentary on the North Carolina Transportation Museum's ex-Graham County Shay #1925. The program is near completion, but I am in search of video shot at Railfair 1999 with the "Shay Races" between the Graham County 1925 and the Mount Emily Lumber Company #1. If anyone has any video of this, or knows where such footage can be found, please contact me at either BlueRidgeVideo@Bellsouth.net or at phone number (919) 858-0370. Thanks, Kevin Gilliam Blue Ridge Video k_gilliam@bellsouth.net |
|
| Author: | Smokebox [ Thu May 20, 2004 6:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: In Search of Shay Race video from Railfair 199 |
Pentrex was a sponsor of RF 99. They put out a two volume tape that shows the race. Smokebox > I am making a documentary on the North > Carolina Transportation Museum's ex-Graham > County Shay #1925. The program is near > completion, but I am in search of video shot > at Railfair 1999 with the "Shay > Races" between the Graham County 1925 > and the Mount Emily Lumber Company #1. If > anyone has any video of this, or knows where > such footage can be found, please contact me > at either BlueRidgeVideo@Bellsouth.net or at > phone number (919) 858-0370. > Thanks, > Kevin Gilliam > Blue Ridge Video |
|
| Author: | Jim Fitzgerald [ Thu May 20, 2004 7:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: In Search of Shay Race video from Railfair 199 |
Kevin, I had left by the time they got around to actually racing. I remember talking to the crews of both locomotives, and Martin Hansen stating that the FRA had a fit when they heard of the plans. He figured it would take a week to work it out, and it did. I have stills, no video, but the Pentrex two tape set, "Sacramento Steam" covered it well. Maybe they would let you use theirs. He he he. Fitz's Steam Railfan page fitzrr@pioneer.net |
|
| Author: | Matt Conrad [ Fri May 21, 2004 8:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: In Search of Shay Race video from Railfair 199 |
> I am making a documentary on the North > Carolina Transportation Museum's ex-Graham > County Shay #1925. The program is near > completion, but I am in search of video shot > at Railfair 1999 with the "Shay > Races" between the Graham County 1925 > and the Mount Emily Lumber Company #1. If > anyone has any video of this, or knows where > such footage can be found, please contact me > at either BlueRidgeVideo@Bellsouth.net or at > phone number (919) 858-0370. If I can find it, I'm pretty sure that I have some shots of the second day's race. The 1925 wasn't quite as quick that day but still put on a good show. I remember looking through the viewfinder and thinking the camcorder was in fast forward for a second. :o) Email me off-list at (home) or (work). Note I'll be on vacation next week so email may be slower than normal. mconrad@msmgmt.com |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|