It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 2100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:53 pm 

Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:52 pm
Posts: 89
has the 2100 arrived in tacoma yet/??? anyone have any pics???


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:36 pm 

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:41 pm
Posts: 36
The last information available is that the locomotive is being held at the BNSF yard in New Westminster, British Columbia, due to paperwork problems.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reading 2100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:26 pm 

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:01 pm
Posts: 213
Location: Seattle, WA
http://www.rypn.org/RyPN/briefs/viewbriefs.asp?filename=051110004441.txtPictures of it in Woodinville yesterday.

_________________
Hume Kading
Don't eat live food.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reading 2100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:21 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:42 am
Posts: 39
Location: Seattle,WA
As of 11-10-05 this evening the 2100 and coaches are in Tacoma,WA.Dan


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reading 2100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:11 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:46 pm
Posts: 2696
Location: Pac NW, via North Florida
This morning, I had the day off and I drove right up to where 2100 issitting at CEECO (a local place that does rebuilding work on locomotives located at the Port of Tacoma) and asked around. An employee even said I could take a picture from anyplace I could actually drive my Jeep. Sadly, I only had my film camera so I can't post it here.2100 is indeed sitting in CEECO as of 10AM this morning, inside some kind of open-ended structure kind of looking like a tube. You can barely see the running gears from the road, but the Tender is sitting out in the open. The guy I talked with says they planned on having it back on the rails and hauled back across the highway to the Tacoma Rail yard by the middle of this coming week. All the passenger cars are in TR's yard as well. I also noticed they had their own passenger cars in the yard with the running lights lit. I don't know what's up with that...

_________________
Lee Bishop
Conductor, Chehalis-Centralia Railroad & Museum


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: