It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Santa Cruz Portland Cement #2 First Test Run
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:02 pm 

Bobharbison wrote:
p51 wrote:
Geez, it seems like a few weeks since I saw this locomotive in transit to Mineral. I gotta see her in steam, and soon!

Lee, I suspect you may be getting a couple of small locos confused.

Nope, I'm not cofused at all. I never saw the Satsop locomotive being moved.
I saw this engine being discussed on this thread, on the back of a 18-wheeler flatbed, going up I-5. I posted on the sighting on another forum, I need to recall which one that was and when. I'm sure it was quite a while back...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:02 am 

Les, I love the Santa Cruz Portland cement logo, although I do not think it will be on the locomotive. Historically, this engine did not appear to have any lettering while in davenport, CA. Presumably from the factory, she would have had the customary cab number in a circle and an owner name in the HK Porter style, which is how we will letter her. I will post an update as we get further!

Best,

Stathi

Stathi

Efstathios I. Pappas, MS
Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad
spappas@cumbrestoltec.com
209 603 7363

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:40 pm 

SouPac wrote:
Les, I love the Santa Cruz Portland cement logo, although I do not think it will be on the locomotive. Historically, this engine did not appear to have any lettering while in davenport, CA. Presumably from the factory, she would have had the customary cab number in a circle and an owner name in the HK Porter style, which is how we will letter her. I will post an update as we get further!

Best,

Stathi

Stathi -

You are almost certainly right that the Santa Cruz Portland cement logo was not on the number 2, but you could put it on the rear of the tank with the number 2 replacing the plant location and unless there is actually a photo of the 0-4-0T from the rear (very unlikely I would think), no one could prove that it wasn't there! One nice thing, since it's you locomotive, you can do with it what you wish! The tank lettering and cab number in a circle as historically done by Porter, is surely logical and will be great to see when done.

Les

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:17 pm 

Congratulations, Stathi (and others) for a great job. I can't wait to see her in steam sometime soon.