It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Disposal of Equipment at Steamtown (Tobyhanna)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2001 12:43 pm 

I would like to apologize if I have not responded to all inquiries regarding the potential disposition of the equipment Steamtown has at Tobyhanna. This all began as a response to a single person's information request. Now I am the focal point for information dissemination on the subject. I am a seventeen year veteran of the Park Service, one of the nation's primary preservation agencies, and hope for nothing more than the preservation of these pieces. I will not add fuel to whatever flames exist out there by stating my opinion on the subject.

If I have not responded to you, or if you have questions, please direct them to me again and I will endeavor to answer them as best I can (there are some questions I do not have the answer to). I currently have over 140 e-mail messages incoming and outgoing on this subject, with about 20 more pending movement to my e-mail folder on Toby.

One piece of information I will throw out regarding this equipment is that only not-for-profit organizations (501c3) are being considered, and we are not looking to give out pieces/parts of the existing coaches.

Please e-mail me directly on this subject, I'd prefer not to tie up this board with personal communications.

Thank you,

Patrick McKnight

pat_mcknight@nps.gov