It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OT - Using Nuance Dragon software with Zoom Meetings
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:13 am 

Just wanted to mention that I have tried using Nuance Dragon during Zoom meetings to capture the narration as text, and it works very well converting from the presenters microphone. The only drawback is that you have to go through the text afterwards to add the punctuation and paragraph breaks, unless you are good at entering those while the presentation is underway. This is a useful tool if people are asking you for narration scripts for clinics.

If you have any hearing impaired members this is a good way to provide them with a text copy of what was said in the meeting or clinic. It might also be feasible to put the dragonpad display panel on screen, or on a separate screen, to provide a real time conversion to text.

I recently also generated a text narration for a 20-year old program that never had a script before, just by wearing a microphone for input to Dragon while talking through the program in PowerPoint. It was about 99% accurate, requiring very minimal corrections. Keep in mind though that this was done working with a copy of Dragon that is "trained" to my voice. Your results may vary.

PC