It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Railway Preservation on Delmarva
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:01 pm 

Wesley -

Glad you resurrected this thread. Going through it, I see that there was a mention of a "stray caboose" at Georgetown, Delaware and no subsequent comments about it. Judging from the extended end platforms, I would venture to say that GBRY 101 is almost certainly an ex-Illinois Central caboose. Don't know the original ICRR road number. Perhaps someone else has additional info.

Les

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:13 am 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
"Captive Cabeese" reports the Georgetown caboose as former GBRY 101, ex-IC, coming to the RR by way of Gettysburg, Pa.

The area around the station had already been used informally, maybe even illegally, as a flea market site for some time, and the Knorrs told me a year or two ago that they had this farmers market idea in the works.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:54 pm 

Several years ago I heard about a PRR X25 boxcar, in very rough condition, still existing somewhere on the Delmarva Peninsula along the former PRR in Virginia or Southern Maryland. Does it still exist? Is it movable? Economically restorable? The class is notable for being one of the earliest orders for all-steel boxcars in the US. I don't know of any X25's in preservation. If this car does still exist (probably unlikely), it is probably the last one.

Tom