It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject: Re: Iowa Pacific-San Luis & Rio Grande (SLRG) Passenger Cars
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:31 pm 

PMC wrote:
They never took possession of the real Lion Gardiner, although I believe it is still around and sitting on shop trucks in Ohio as I recall. Instead Colebrookdale have decided to rename another heavyweight car with the same name.

I don't see any indication on their website that the car is not the real Lion Gardiner. This seems like a bizarre choice considering all of the long scrapped dinning cars they could have chosen to "recreate". I have nothing negative to say about the operation but this seems oddly misleading for a 501(c)3.

Meanwhile the real car sits.

Post subject: Re: Iowa Pacific-San Luis & Rio Grande (SLRG) Passenger Cars
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:47 pm 

derail wrote:
I don't see any indication on their website that the car is not the real Lion Gardiner. This seems like a bizarre choice considering all of the long scrapped dinning cars they could have chosen to "recreate". I have nothing negative to say about the operation but this seems oddly misleading for a 501(c)3.

Meanwhile the real car sits.

viewtopic.php?p=323389#p323389

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18