It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WW&F Ry Victorian Christmas
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:36 am 

Wiscasset, Waterville, and Farmington Railway held its first of two "Victorian Christmas" celebrations Dec. 16th. Perfect weather, perfect amount of snow and parking, everything FREE with donations gratefully accepted. Christmas goodies, Belgian horses at Alna Center station, Mr. and Mrs. Claus greeting the happy children, a warming fire, hot apple cider, cocoa, and coffee, open buildings, and the usual active members, volunteers, and docents.
A second re-visit to 100 years ago, will take place on December 23rd. If you can get to Sheepscot, Maine, you owe it to yourself. In all seasons, WW&F is a class act, but this is special.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l61l57fvsavd ... 9X-_a?dl=0

Post subject: Re: WW&F Ry Victorian Christmas
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:09 pm 

Richard Glueck wrote:
Wiscasset, Waterville, and Farmington Railway held its first of two "Victorian Christmas" celebrations Dec. 16th. Perfect weather, perfect amount of snow and parking, everything FREE with donations gratefully accepted. Christmas goodies, Belgian horses at Alna Center station, Mr. and Mrs. Claus greeting the happy children, a warming fire, hot apple cider, cocoa, and coffee, open buildings, and the usual active members, volunteers, and docents.
A second re-visit to 100 years ago, will take place on December 23rd. If you can get to Sheepscot, Maine, you owe it to yourself. In all seasons, WW&F is a class act, but this is special.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l61l57fvsavd ... 9X-_a?dl=0

Did President Putin enjoy the ride?????

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:36 pm 

It never happened! Fake news! Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:40 pm 

I agree 100%, really nice event, first class organization, and yesterday was a perfect day for it too, with just the right amount of snow on the ground and chill in the air to feel Christmassy. It was good to see you there too, Richard.

Attachments:
IMGP7845bw.jpg
IMGP7845bw.jpg [ 214.4 KiB | Viewed 6534 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:01 am 

LVRR2095 wrote:
Did President Putin enjoy the ride?????

Surely it should be Tsar Nicholas II (or one of the Alexanders) on there for it to be a "Victorian Christmas"..........!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:20 am 

I may have run into some of you folks up at the WW&F last Saturday and not even realized you were RYPN contributors. I was also out taking photographs all day. This was my 10th straight Victorian Christmas event and I always look forward to it. Every year is a bit different. This year featured mostly clear skies, chilly air and a nice blanket of new snow to get everyone in the mood.

Here are a few of mine from the day: https://www.flickr.com/photos/112261457@N06/albums/72157667569791889

Those who have not been to the WW&F owe it to themselves to check the place out. There are but a handful of places in the country where you can re-create 1915. This one is special. I feel blessed to live just over 2 hours from the place.

/Kevin Madore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:49 am 

Let me say it again, "Victorian Christmas" will be held again, this Saturday. If you have missed the 16th, you can still enjoy this next event. We've had fresh, light snow, and the horses will be happy to meet your children, as will the Claus family. #9 is a joy, especially with the historic equipment behind.

WW&F is a true time machine, and a well maintained one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:32 pm 

Kevin, I'm sure we chatted there on Saturday too, but never properly introduced ourselves. I had the live steam East Broad Top #12 running on the G gauge track in the enginehouse, and I was also out shooting at twilight as they were putting the train away for the night.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:41 am 

rjenkins wrote:
Kevin, I'm sure we chatted there on Saturday too, but never properly introduced ourselves. I had the live steam East Broad Top #12 running on the G gauge track in the enginehouse, and I was also out shooting at twilight as they were putting the train away for the night.

Well, look at that. I guess I did meet a least one of the contributors here. Pleased to meet you! And looking at your location, it looks as if you are based less than 10 miles from where I live. Small world.

Love that model of "Millie." Last I saw EBT #12, she still had the name of Nick Kovalchick's daughter painted under the cab number.

/Kevin Madore