It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Frisco Book "Frisco Steam Salute"
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:05 pm 

I would be remiss if I didn't point out that one of our fellow forum members, Frisco1522, has a new book coming out soon.

Frisco Steam Salute is out by Don Wirth and Michael Kelly. From the website:

Quote:
This 128-page hardcover book contains over 100 black & white and color images of Frisco steam power in the 1930s and 1940s, expertly guided by Don Wirth, Chief Mechanical Officer for Frisco 4-8-2 #1522. The book also includes a few colorized images and a bonus section on the 1522.

It has a May release date, but I think they were getting ready to ship sooner. You can find information here:

https://michaelckelly.net/?p=7051

"They love him, gentlemen, and they respect him, not only for himself, for his character, for his integrity and judgment and iron will, but they love him most of all for the enemies he has made."

Post subject: Re: New Frisco Book "Frisco Steam Salute"
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:46 pm 

Thanks David.
The book is horizontal format, hard cover, all Frisco steam action photos by a bevy of famous photographers from negatives in my collection.
Joe Collias, Tex Prusia, Richard Kindig,Preston George,Wm. Barham, Lucius Beebe, R S Plummer and others.
I enjoyed putting all of this together and would describe it as a Frisco picture book.
There have been several books published about the Frisco. Detailed history, detailed rosters and many roster shots. I decided that yet another roster/history book isn't needed but a good book of action photos might fill the bill.
I hope it does well and is liked. There could always be a "second section".