It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: East Broad Top the status of # 16
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:31 pm 

J3a-614 wrote:
Speaking of places to stay in Orbisonia-Rockhill Furnace, we have to put in a plug for the Iron Rail Bed and Breakfast, which is next door to the station and across the street from the roundhouse.

I'm VERY pleasantly surprised to see that it has survived the shutdown, and would be poised to become a real destination for rail enthusiasts.

General Internet page:

http://ironrailbandb.com/

A new B&B has just opened: Red Roof & Rail B&B, 18570 Croghan Pike, Shirleysburg PA. I found a mention on the Fans of the EBT facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1231931 ... 1857775988

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:40 am 

Hi guys; Now, getting back on track, what is the current status of the work being done on EBT 16, and also (14?) Thanks, David Notarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:10 am 

Their latest posting showed pouring babbit in the journals and preparing the tender tank of 15 for replication as it has major rust out (as do, I think, all of the tenders from leaving coal in them for decades). 14 will be worked on after 15 is up and running, although new driver centers have been made for it (while making the new ones for 15). I saw them this summer in the Strasburg shops (although Strasburg would not identify them for customer privacy!). Lookin' good!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:03 am 

Hi again; what work is currently being done on 15, besides the tender work and new driver centers? What is the status of her boiler.? Thanks again - David Notarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:34 pm 

Only the Shadow knows--well actually the EBTF knows, but they keep things pretty close to their chest. I believe the boiler was thought to be in pretty good shape, but the cracked driver centers moved the 16 up to the forefront for rebuilding. Following the 15, the 14 AFAIK is in the next one in line. As time and funding allow! Being out in Califunny, it's kinda hard for me to know any "inside" info!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14