It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Peruque, MO Depot
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:46 pm 

I know this is a long shot, but I'm hoping someone here knows the current status of the CB&Q depot at Peruque, Missouri. A little backstory:

Back in the 1990s and early 2000s, the Peruque depot sat abandoned near its original location and was heavily damaged by floods from the Mississippi River. An effort was made to save it and move it to nearby St. Peters for restoration. This effort appears to have failed for unknown reasons. The depot remained in Peruque until 2008 and then it disappeared from Google Earth imagery. I figured it had been demolished, but I was told it was actually saved and moved somewhere else. A photo I found on Facebook (which I regretfully cannot find now) shows the depot mid-restoration and was apparently taken around the time it disappeared from Peruque, which seems to confirm that it was indeed saved.

For the past few months, I have been trying to find out where it went and whether or not it's still around. I've searched old newspapers, contacted historical groups and asked my local railroad contacts, but have yet to get any leads on where it might be.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thomas