It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alder Gulch Shortline Roster
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:54 am 

I'm wondering about the other pieces of equipment that are used by the Alder Gulch Shortline. There's no information beyond their main steam locomotive. All that I know besides that is the steam outline speeder

Post subject: Re: Alder Gulch Shortline Roster
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:02 pm 

I briefly stopped by early last summer, more to see the old wooden cars. I have some pictures and will post when I figure out how to. They have wood Milwaukee business car 222 in cosmetically good shape, steel GN business car A3 also looking good, and several wood cars deteriorating fast, including what is apparently a former business car converted to MOW service 03336 from who-knows-what railroad along with 2 dilapidated wood passenger cars
1 combine and 1 baggage car. There are several freight cars and an old GN wood caboose X702 "Yard Service Only" (no cupola) in poor shape. The ex-Edaville/Mexican steam engine is stored in the engine house out of service. There are several nicely-painted box car bodies sitting minus trucks on the ground. There is also some home-made passenger cars and a small diesel for pulling them. I wasn't interested in them so didn't pay much attention to them. Hope this helps. I will post pics when I figure out how!
Ned

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:11 pm 

As a P.S. I was surprised to see that the standard gauge line from Two Bridges to Alder, while clearly out-of-service hasn't been removed. Does anybody know the story of that? Presumably it was MRL.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:04 pm 

A few threads on RyPN.

Hopper Cars with photos

Adler Gulch Shortline 12

Wooden Coaches with Roster

Steam Video

2007 Photos

Wesley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:46 pm 

nedsn3 wrote:
There are several nicely-painted box car bodies sitting minus trucks on the ground. There is also some home-made passenger cars and a small diesel for pulling them. I wasn't interested in them so didn't pay much attention to them. Hope this helps. I will post pics when I figure out how!
Ned

The car bodies are the work of The Friends of the Cumbres and Toltec thanks to some narrow gauge trucks that were traded to them. They sit under Gramps oil cars I understand. The passenger cars are "original" to the AG back in the Bovey days and the Plymouth was part of the deal for #12. Doesn't much like the longer runs and was used for shunting. It's been about a decade since I've been on the property. When I was there it was to work so I don't have much interest in touring the place. Good couple of years though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:04 am 

There's also a Forney style locomotive with two open air cars, but there's no information on that

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:03 pm 

I know that the two little steam locomotives that burned in the engine house fire are squirreled away somewhere. Their whereabouts seem to be kind of Hush hush, it would be nice to see then restored, unless they have been and I missed it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:32 am 

They're still around. Located in Bozeman, one of them is undergoing restoration

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:26 am 

Well that’s good to hear.