It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Something to take the edge off...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:14 pm 

This morning in Portland, Oregon I received a call from my sister in Annapolis, Maryland. She informed me of the tragic roof collapse at the B&O in Baltimore. She also noted that my nephew, Sean, 5, who has visited the museum twice this past year, once with myself in November, had one question, "Does this mean Thomas the Tank Engine is dead?"

I found it quite humorous, and quite inspiring as well. Sean's concern reminded me the value of education and experience that institutions like the B&O invest in the people, especially the children, that experience them.

An immense challenge is ahead for our community, but good humor, a clear message, and hard work will win the day. Sean is counting on us.

http://www.orhf.org
gkamp@mwaarchitects.com

Post subject: Re: Something to take the edge off...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:54 pm 

> > I found it tasteless to post this earlier, but on a Ch 2 (B'more)report this morning, their "Johnny-on-the-spot" reporter stated that the museum had "250 locomotives". He then went on to say that they were all...inside the roundhouse! I guess they must stack them in there over the winter! I love the media!

sirterp@myactv.net

Post subject: Re: Something to take the edge off...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:06 pm 

...a Ch 2 (B'more)report this morning, their reporter stated that the museum had "250 locomotives". He then went on to say that they were all...inside the roundhouse!...

The HO scale collection, perhaps?

tr2manz@frontiernet.net