It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: [TNO] S.G. Reed's"A History of Texas Railroads&
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 1999 1:29 am 

The following was sent to me in an e-mail by Carl Codney. I am very interested in this book, but, of course, I live in Texas. However, anybody, inside or outside of Texas, who is SERIOUSLY interested is welcome to e-mail me, and I will forward the info the Carl.<p>****************************************<p>Reed's book was originally published in the 1940's. Original copies are<br>expensive and hard to find, but I understand that the book has been<br>reprinted in recent years. The reprints are also unavailable but I have<br>finally found a source for reprints. They tell me that they will consider<br>doing another reprint if they have at least 10 orders. A reprinted copy<br>will cost about $110 plus any shipping and handling. An original sells for<br>about $300.<p>So, if you are interested, please e-mail me. If I have enough response, I<br>will contact the printer and see if they really will do another reprint.<p>Please let me know if you have any questions.<p>Thanks!<p>(Carl Codney)<p>

Railway Preservation News
hkading@rypn.org

Post subject: Re: [TNO] S.G. Reed's"A History of Texas Railroads&
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 1999 4:54 am 

Be careful, that book is still owned by Reed;s family for rights. There are reprints available in the book market, I have seen them in Dallas and was told they may be ordered. If anyone is interested, I will check Dallas for any copies<p>Harry Nicholls<br>214-941-9705<br>Dallas<br>

Fuzzymoney@worldnet.att.neet