It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lima GS-4 Builder's Plate?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 1999 8:16 am 

Check out the following listing (link below) on Ebay. The builder's number, 7817, corresponds to an SP 4-8-4, GS-4. This would have been the last of 19 built for that order which was placed on 7/31/40. The date on the plate is May 1941. (All above info from the Hirsimaki book.)<p>I don't have any builder's plates. This is one I'd pay a lot for if it's real, if it's not stolen, and if it's really from a GS-4 and not a crane or Sherman tank.<p>Any comments?<p>BTW, same person also has a 1926 Baldwin builder's plate too.

Ebay Listing
hkading@rypn.org

Post subject: Re: Lima GS-4 Builder's Plate?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 1999 10:10 am 

It doesn't appear to have mounting holes-- the locations for same are filled in. It could be a reproduction plate.<p>BTW, someone has been selling GE industrial diesel loco plates (blank data blocks)on Ebay. They are currently available repros from an outfit called Country Trains (NOT the Ebay seller), and cost $14.95. The first listing of these by the Ebay seller mentioned it was a repro, and it went for $12.00. The next couple of listings there was no mention of "repro", and they went for $20-25 each. Not bad for a $14.95 list price item.<br>

Post subject: Re: Lima GS-4 Builder's Plate?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 1999 12:08 pm 

Thanks for the info. Deep down I knew it was too good to be true. Had no idea it was actually 4449's B/N.<p>Bidding is going pretty briskly already.<br>

hkading@rypn.org