It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UP #3985 to Omaha?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:29 am 

I'm told that UP #3985 will be steaming to Omaha for River City Roundup in September. Does anyone know of access to a daily time schedule for this trip, so one could try to catch it along the line, or in towns along the way? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: UP #3985 to Omaha?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:40 pm 

I haven't heard of this, which doesn't mean much. Have you checked UP's site, I think they post upcoming events. I haven't seen anything posted yet anywhere else.

Gerald W. Kopiasz

> I'm told that UP #3985 will be steaming to
> Omaha for River City Roundup in September.
> Does anyone know of access to a daily time
> schedule for this trip, so one could try to
> catch it along the line, or in towns along
> the way? Thanks!

hrrhs@aol.com

Post subject: Re: UP #3985 to Omaha?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:58 pm 

Gerald:

The web site for UP Steam (www.upsteam.org) doesn’t list any 3985 trips beyond July. The web site for the railroad itself (www.uprr.com) says that no steam excursions are scheduled at this time. When I try the URL for the UP Historical Society (www.uphs.org) it repeatedly takes me to a site for KCBX Net, for some weird reason. So all this certainly indicates that my info about 3985 going to Omaha is erroneous. But just in case, I thought I’d try the Interchange to see if anyone could enlighten me otherwise. Thanks for your comment, which confirms my web search results contrary to the word-of-mouth I’ve heard about the trip. Looks like central Nebraska will miss its “steam fix” this year altogether. Fortunately, I’ve just returned home from the Durango & Silverton Railfest, so have had a great steam experience to last me for awhile, especially with Dan Markoff’s magnificent “Eureka”. That locomotive is exceeded only by Dan's wonderful and humble cheerfulness toward everyone - a very gracious man in addition to his restorative talents.

Dick