It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who is Fred Kepner?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 1999 3:06 am 

Who is Fred Kepner and does he have any plans for all the locos(9+) he owns? Is he restoring one at McCloud, Ca.?<br>

Post subject: Re: Who is Fred Kepner?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 1999 2:03 pm 

Fred Kepner seems to be one of those people that is a source of great frustration to rail preservationists. He owns several locomotives which rust away in various places, mainly Oregon, and is not willing to part with them for any reasonable price but doesn't do anything with them himself. He had two locomotives stored in Ogden, Utah near my home for many years that were once leased by and used on the Heber Creeper and I understand they tried to buy them from Fred, but he wanted some ridiculous amount for them. Consequently, they rotted away near the old SP shops in Ogden for years before the shops were torn down recently and the locomotives moved. I don't know where they are now. Anyway, there's a page with pictures of some of the engines he has in Oregon at: www.sunsetd.com/~ryan/steam/<br>

dave833@ix.netcom.com