It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: National Train Day
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:09 pm 

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:12 pm
Posts: 220
Location: Ely, Nevada
I guess I was asleep at the switch on this one; a member just e-mailed me, “What are you doing on National Train Day?”

Good question, I didn’t know there was a National Train Day. I googled the name and sure enough the there is a web site http://www.nationaltrainday.com/home. I cruised the website and it appears to be Amtrak’s attempt to raise awareness of railroading.

The website is pretty well done. It encourages you to have your own local event, and it helps you plan an event. It looks like the B & O Museum is on board with a local promotion. My question is anyone else out there doing anything?

_________________
Mark Bassett
Executive Director
Nevada Northern Railway Museum


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: