It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:53 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:27 pm
Posts: 27
The narrow gauge forum seems to be down OR is it just me???

_________________
Ray Montgomery


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:53 pm 

Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:57 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Birmingham, AL
Yep. Locked. done! See topic about forum self discipline.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:07 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:30 am
Posts: 150
That is true, but there is a new alternative site, Narrow Gauge Talk Forum, at http://narrowgaugetalk.freeforums.org/


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:20 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:27 pm
Posts: 27
Thanks I missed that one.

_________________
Ray Montgomery


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:24 pm 

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:45 am
Posts: 1096
While I am not speaking for Don, my personal expectation is that the NGDF will reopen -- several people have been actively working on moving it to another host.

Also, no offense to gbrewer, but I think the NGDF's archives are far too valuable to abandon in a move to a "new alternative site".

--
Chris Webster
http://www.speakeasy.org/~cwebster

HOD Bill wrote:
Yep. Locked. done! See topic about forum self discipline.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:50 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:30 am
Posts: 150
No offense taken Chris, and I certainly agree with you. Just pointing out the fact that someone has generously stepped up to fill the void (not me). I too wish to see the old Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum return -- I miss my daily visits.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:42 pm 

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:00 am
Posts: 554
Location: Dallas ,Texas. USA
Quote:
). I too wish to see the old Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum return -- I miss my daily visits.


I don't.

I want to see a better one, one where the moderator doesn't read all the PMs, one where everyone is treated with courtesy whether the moderator knows them or not.

Nope I want an NG forum that operates the way the old ngdf should have run and the way it was proposed to us initially; fair, honest and simple. Maybe the new one will attain this if these new kids run it the way they want it to run.

I think they have a great shot at being the only significant NG forum and I hope they are soon.

By the way, in my opinion, nothing is protected on the NGDF site, so if you want something that you posted, go and get it and move it to a new site.

David

_________________
Loco112 (NarrowGaugeExchange Forum)

Our "paper" archives will be the future railfans only hope. We (yes you too!) should endeavor to preserve all the info needed to allow them 100% accuracy in the building of their recreations.


Last edited by Loco112 on Wed May 28, 2008 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Narrow Gauge Railroad Discussion Forum
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:21 pm 

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:45 am
Posts: 1096
The NGDF is open for posting again:
http://www.ngdiscussion.net

--
Chris Webster


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: