It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: SDERA/engraved girder rail as a fund raiser/PCC news too!
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:48 pm 

http://www.sdera.org/newsletters/SDERAFeb08.pdf


  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDERA/engraved girder rail as a fund raiser/PCC news too
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:23 pm 

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:25 am
Posts: 1025
Thanks for the update; I've been wondering how the SD PCC project was coming. Interesting that the cars have been renumbered to follow the original PCC numbers (501-528). May we presume that they will be painted in a San Diego replica paint scheme? Also, will the current collectors be like the ones on the modern trolleys, or more traditional, like old European trams (and GG-1's)?

_________________
Bob Davis
Southern California


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDERA/engraved girder rail as a fund raiser/PCC news too
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:50 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:34 pm
Posts: 670
Location: Union, IL
Bob Davis wrote:
Thanks for the update; I've been wondering how the SD PCC project was coming. Interesting that the cars have been renumbered to follow the original PCC numbers (501-528). May we presume that they will be painted in a San Diego replica paint scheme? Also, will the current collectors be like the ones on the modern trolleys, or more traditional, like old European trams (and GG-1's)?


The cars are already partially painted in the traditional San Diego livery; see http://world.nycsubway.org/perl/show?83518 and http://world.nycsubway.org/perl/show?83526. As for the pans, for the life of me I can't think of where I read this but I believe I recently saw that SDVT will be mounting modern half-a-graphs on the roofs of these cars like the Newark subway had done.

_________________
Frank Hicks
Preserved North American Electric Railway Equipment News
Hicks Car Works


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: