It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Christmas Cab Ride Invite
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:18 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:19 pm
Posts: 2701
Location: Sackets Harbor, NY
Hello all,

Well here we are again sneaking up on the Christmas season. I'm pleased to say that I'll once again have the pleasure of running Baldwin # 40 on the NH&I RR ( http://www.newhoperailroad.com) from Dec. 12-23 and would welcome any fellow Rypners who would like to join me for a cab ride.

If you're interested please PM me and I'll share my duty days/times etc. with you.

A reminder that these are Santa and North Pole trains and they run on a VERY slow ( 8-10 mph) schedule so as to give Santa sufficient time to visit all the kidees. I'm told that our reservations are way ahead of last year at this time so maybe things are getting better!!

For those I don't get to see, my fond best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and a healthy, steam filled 2011!!

Ross Rowland


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Cab Ride Invite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:18 pm 

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:56 am
Posts: 175
Location: St. Joseph Illinois
Thanks for the invite Ross, wish I could take you up on it!

Dave Huffman


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Cab Ride Invite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:32 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:26 am
Posts: 4777
Location: Maine
Ross: Can I have a "rain-check", and swap my ride in 40's cab, for one in 614's?

_________________
"It's only impossible until it's done." -Nelson Mandela


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Cab Ride Invite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:36 pm 

Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:03 pm
Posts: 261
Location: SE, Mich.
Richard Glueck wrote:
Ross: Can I have a "rain-check", and swap my ride in 40's cab, for one in 614's?

If you accept the rain-check, will you accept one from me too? :-)

_________________
-Aaron Farmer
Manager, Mechanical
Steam Railroading Institute
Yield not to misfortunes, but advance all the more boldly against them.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Cab Ride Invite
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:20 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:19 pm
Posts: 2701
Location: Sackets Harbor, NY
Sorry guys I can't do the swap thing. So far 12 Rypners are lined up to ride and I look forward to seeing each of you.

Best wishes to all for a blessed Christmas and a healthy, steam filled 2011.

Ross Rowland


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: