It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Steamy NS News of THE day
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:23 am 

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:50 pm
Posts: 154
Location: MD
Last evening my wife and I were visiting some friends of ours, Chuck Namroom and his wife Jayrun. We've been friends with Chuck and Jay for over twenty years. Chuck is currently one of the higher-ups in marketing at NS and has his hands in a lot of projects right now, not the least of which is the new NS steam program. He's been my inside scoop on the development of the steam program, and has given me the skinny on stuff at least a few weeks before it became public. After dinner the ladies usually stay out in the kitchen and talk about the latest gossip in their world, and we usually head to the den to talk trains and enjoy a good Maduro. I was there for a while and we started in with the news on 630, and how the F-Units are running, etc... Then we got to talking about National Train Day. He wanted to know if I had heard anything about what NS was doing to celebrate. I answered “not really” and he just asked me if I wanted a beer. I said sure.... and he left the room to get them. As he left he, I think, deliberately left the screen up on his computer. Whether it was deliberate or not I could see the reflection in the window behind his chair and had to investigate. He came back a few minutes later looking disgusted and said “..were out...”. I said don't worry about it, but he did bring us some sweet tea's. When he sat back down I couldn't help but mention what I had seen. He just said “ ahhh you saw that huh?”, “well, just be looking for a big announcement at the Train Day festivities”. “We were going to make the announcement at the opening of the Thoroughbreds of Steam attraction at VMT, but my superiors and I thought we could maximize our press coverage at the National Train Day event”. “Keep in mind next year is our 30th anniversary and we are planning some very special things”.

Included below is a snapshot of what his screen looked like when he left the room. I cropped out the rest of his den for privacy's sake. I had to move quick with my phone camera......When it says “Rebuilt May 2011”, do you think it means the new steam program or something else? Your guess is as good as mine especially on the first of April.

Attachment:
rypn4_1.jpg
rypn4_1.jpg [ 14.02 KiB | Viewed 5697 times ]


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steamy NS News of THE day
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:33 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:30 am
Posts: 1263
Location: Eagan, MN
"And his wife Jayrun"? You almost had me until that point. Good one.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steamy NS News of THE day
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:37 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:23 am
Posts: 492
Location: Strasburg, PA
Nice. More than one will take the hook and run ...

_________________
Steve


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steamy NS News of THE day
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:17 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:56 am
Posts: 1330
Location: Roanoke Va.
It's probably the "rumour-de-jour" at Train-Odors by now...........

_________________
Gary


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steamy NS News of THE day
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:45 pm 

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:42 pm
Posts: 3013
Gary Gray wrote:
It's probably the "rumour-de-jour" at Train-Odors by now...........


Looks like it's rumor of the day somewhere, it has nearly 500 views!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steamy NS News of THE day
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:12 pm 

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:07 pm
Posts: 1202
Location: Leicester, MA.
Bobharbison wrote:
Gary Gray wrote:
It's probably the "rumour-de-jour" at Train-Odors by now...........


Looks like it's rumor of the day somewhere, it has nearly 500 views!

Hmmm, It has a J on it. I'm sorry, but could this be reference to the 611 being rebuilt for the program?

_________________
Dylan M. Lambert
https://www.facebook.com/LambertLocomotive/


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steamy NS News of THE day
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:14 pm 

Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:58 pm
Posts: 1352
Location: Chicago USA
Not a bad April Fool joke but realistically someone in a position to get advanced word of something like that via friendship well before corporate was ready to announce it would not compromise their friendship taking surreptitious photos and posting them for all the world to see. So I can only give it a B-.

Steve


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steamy NS News of THE day
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:46 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 130
Location: Home of the Terrapins
Would like to extend belated kudos for this one. April Fools Day is my favorite day to be online. And the best part is when I FORGOT what day it was and started to believe your post. Well done!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steamy NS News of THE day
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:35 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:23 am
Posts: 492
Location: Strasburg, PA
filmteknik wrote:
Not a bad April Fool joke but realistically someone in a position to get advanced word of something like that via friendship well before corporate was ready to announce it would not compromise their friendship taking surreptitious photos and posting them for all the world to see. So I can only give it a B-.

C'mon, Steve. Your average fan with a juicy piece of gossip would sell his mother to break the news, let alone derail a friend ... This fit the genre perfectly, IMHO.

_________________
Steve


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steamy NS News of THE day
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:34 pm 

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:07 pm
Posts: 1202
Location: Leicester, MA.
Now i get the joke. Proves how smart I think i am....
Oh well, as the Brits would say, "jolly good show".

_________________
Dylan M. Lambert
https://www.facebook.com/LambertLocomotive/


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: