It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Restoring historic badges
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:51 pm 

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:57 am
Posts: 210
Hello everyone,

I recently acquired an original Dallas Railway & Terminal operator's badge off of eBay. It was noted on the auction that the enamel in the diamond logo had been damaged during storage. Now that I have it, and can look at it closely, I have been thinking about repairing the damage to help restore the original look of the badge. Does anybody have any experience doing this and can advise on such action, or know someone who could do such a repair that I may speak to? I've attached the photo to show the damage to the badge.

At this point, I am not sure that repair is the path I want to go. I'm just feeling out the waters before I make a decision.

Thank you all for your time!

Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Restoring historic badges
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:40 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:46 pm
Posts: 2696
Location: Pac NW, via North Florida
I had a very rare military insignia re-enameled many years ago by a jewelry place in Baltimore. You might take it around to places that can make stuff like that and explain what you have in mind...

_________________
Lee Bishop
Conductor, Chehalis-Centralia Railroad & Museum


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Restoring historic badges
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:57 pm 

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:12 pm
Posts: 215
Location: Bremerton, WA
Might send an e-mail to Scully, with the photo attached, and ask.

http://williamscully.ca/resources.php

_________________
Locomotives are like Submarines; cylindrical, black, and use steam propulsion.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: