It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Number and Builder's plate Auction on Ebay
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:15 pm 

Anybody have any background on these number and builder plates from Pacific Coast NG? Is this engine still around?

TJG



Pacific Coast NG #106
tjgaffney@phmuseum.org


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Number and Builder's plate Auction on Ebay
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:49 pm 

> Anybody have any background on these number
> and builder plates from Pacific Coast NG? Is
> this engine still around?

> TJG
According to Gerald Best's book, "Ships and Narrow Gauge Rails", Pacific Coast No. 106 was destroyed by a fire August 10, 1938.

Martyhuck@aol.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Number and Builder's plate Auction on Ebay
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:17 am 

> According to Gerald Best's book, "Ships
> and Narrow Gauge Rails", Pacific Coast
> No. 106 was destroyed by a fire August 10,
> 1938.
HELLO..........

PC RR ENGINE NO.106 MET ITS FIERY END NEAR
LOS ALAMOS WHEN HIT BY A GASOLINE TRUCK ON
AUGUST 10, 1938........THE LOCOMOTIVE WAS SOLD
FOR SCRAP........THE TANK TRUCK WAS LOADED WITH 5000 GALLONS OF GASOLINE.....

CHARLIE HOPKINS

TWINCOACH@AOL.COM


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Number and Builder's plate Auction on Ebay
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:32 pm 

I have the builder's plate from PC #110 in my personal collection. I would love to have this set in my collection, but the pricing is much more than I can afford or justify for the set. They sure look good though!!! Also, T.J., I am still enjoying the photo that you took of me on the back of the Ohio Central caboose in October. I only wish that I could have worked the whole weekend!!!



steamfan@crusoe.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Number and Builder's plate Auction on Ebay *PIC*
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:54 pm 

> I have the builder's plate from PC #110 in
> my personal collection. I would love to have
> this set in my collection, but the pricing
> is much more than I can afford or justify
> for the set. They sure look good though!!!
> Also, T.J., I am still enjoying the photo
> that you took of me on the back of the Ohio
> Central caboose in October. I only wish that
> I could have worked the whole weekend!!!

Ron-
Don't thank me, thank Jason for putting it on the website! I just began to realize that that view from the rear has become almost as rare as a 6300 on the front! By the way, have you heard any news on what special trips are coming up this year?

TJ


Port Huron Museum
Image
tjgaffney@phmuseum.org


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: