It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New Freedom station
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:20 pm 

Anyone have recent photos of the New Freedom, PA station? when I was there in 1999, it was just a frame, without walls, and I wasn't sure if even the frame was the original.

What's going on with the Northern Central trackage between New Freedom and York? Have the bikers tried to have it removed yet?

Also, what is the status of the Stewartstown RR? Will it operate this year?

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/Stories/0,1413,138~10023~1445053,00.html
ryarger@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Freedom station
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:42 pm 

> Anyone have recent photos of the New
> Freedom, PA station? when I was there in
> 1999, it was just a frame, without walls,
> and I wasn't sure if even the frame was the
> original.

No pic, but this link in Flimsies tells the tale.

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/Stories/0,1 ... 53,00.html

> What's going on with the Northern Central
> trackage between New Freedom and York? Have
> the bikers tried to have it removed yet?

Dormant to my knowledge. I don't think they have a very strong incentive to have it moved as the parallel trail is in, finished and in full service.

> Also, what is the status of the Stewartstown
> RR? Will it operate this year?

Not regularly. I have heard rumors that one or two charter "final runs" might be made. I have also heard that the roof is collapsing in the station agent's area of the Stewartstown Depot, but have not seen it for myself.


eledbetter@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Stewartstown RR depot and operations
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:34 pm 

> Not regularly. I have heard rumors that one
> or two charter "final runs" might
> be made. I have also heard that the roof is
> collapsing in the station agent's area of
> the Stewartstown Depot, but have not seen it
> for myself.

A junket on the Stewartstown and on the Ma & Pa at Muddy Creek Forks, Pa. is scheduled for the NRHS Convention July 2nd (tickets still available). Due to several factors, this well *could* end up being the "farewell" trip, sadly.

I can confirm that there is severe roof leakage going on in the Stewartstown depot, and a partial ceiling collapse has indeed occurred in the waiting room and agent's office.

lner4472@bcpl.net


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: