It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 6N Distributing Valve
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:46 pm 

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:11 am
Posts: 68
Location: Cattaraugus, NY
I collect air brake manuals on all of the equipment on our locomotives. I prefer the paper versions.

In all of the stuff I have, I can not find anything on the 6N distributing valve. I have the parts break down from Westinghouse/NYAB. I can't seem to find anything on operation or repairs. Everything I have is on the 6KR. I am curious on the differences. I assume the major item is change from brass rings to rubber diaphragms for maintenance. Are there any specific publications on the 6N?

Thanks!
Pat Connors
CMO BSOR


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 6N Distributing Valve
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:06 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:54 am
Posts: 1043
Location: NJ
I have a disc that has all the maintenance info for an Army 80T GE, with an exploded drawing of the 6FNR distributing valve, including either NY or Wabco part numbers (not Federal stock numbers). Would this help? Having worked on installing 26-FNL on several units, I would like more information on the 6N, myself. (And I still have some of those 2A, 2B adaptor plates available, used for 26-FNL.)


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 6N Distributing Valve
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:46 pm 

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:44 pm
Posts: 2
The NYAB website has the 26NL document on it, which covers the operation of the 6N.
I can't help with the repair code.

Brad


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: