It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Golden Pacific - Who are these people?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:06 am 

Did I miss something? Has Reading 2100 been sold?

www.gprr.org

It would appear from the web site that they have purchased the 2100 or want to do so. Anyone have additional information?

Jeff Terry

jterry618@msn.com


  
 
 Post subject: RDG 2100 to Oregon?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:10 pm 

I do notice that the GPRR has greatly changed thier website in the last few days. There was a published schedule of the 2100 running cross country from Detroit(? yes, THAT one) to Astoria, OR, in 2004.

The guys at the Brooklyn Roundhouse don't seem to know anything about this effort.
And trust me, Doyle has no interest in a T-1!

Smokebox

> Did I miss something? Has Reading 2100 been
> sold?

> www.gprr.org

> It would appear from the web site that they
> have purchased the 2100 or want to do so.
> Anyone have additional information?

> Jeff Terry


"orhf dot org"


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Pacific - Who are these people?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:15 pm 

> Did I miss something?

Last I heard, Jeff, that deal fell through some time last year. Although it could have potentially been re-heated, it sure sounded like someone who didn't know what they were getting into buying a steam engine.


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Pacific - Who are these people?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:29 am 

>Not only that the Class 1 that would have had to handle the alleged trip of last year never heard of these folks.


jimhollis612@charter.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Pacific - Who are these people?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:56 am 

> Did I miss something? Has Reading 2100 been
> sold?

> www.gprr.org

> It would appear from the web site that they
> have purchased the 2100 or want to do so.
> Anyone have additional information?

There was a thread on trainorders a couple of weeks ago right after the site went live. (Link below.)

I first saw the cross-country 2100 schedule several months ago, and I think it was for a different date. And the web site also implied ownership of a lot of streamlined cars and two Fs in CNR paint - that's now gone too.

But it must be true, right? I mean no one would put something false on the net, right?

This one reminds me a little of the "plan" back in the early 80s to doublehead ex-T&P 4-6-0 316 and 2-10-4 610 around Texas. Someone who hadn't contacted the locomotives' owners and hadn't contacted the railroads put out a detailed schedule.

Draw your own conclusions.

JAC

GPRR Thread at TrainOrders


  
 
 Post subject: Re: RDG 2100 to Oregon?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:51 am 

Not only that, they claim to be a 501c3 tax exempt organization, but I looked for them Guidestar and drew a blank, where as most rebutable 501c3's (i.e. those that file their 990's on a current basis) are listed....

While they good be a d.b.a. -- I have my doubts.

Bob H

> I do notice that the GPRR has greatly
> changed thier website in the last few days.
> There was a published schedule of the 2100
> running cross country from Detroit(? yes,
> THAT one) to Astoria, OR, in 2004.

> The guys at the Brooklyn Roundhouse don't
> seem to know anything about this effort.
> And trust me, Doyle has no interest in a
> T-1!

> Smokebox


Heavenrich@yahoo.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden Pacific - Who are these people?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:48 pm 

>And the next thing you know, someone is liable to start up the Big Boy movie rumors again.

jimhollis612@charter.net


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: