It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Northfield turntable
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:55 pm 

GN-style turntable, I think at Northfield, Minnesota on the Minneapolis, Northfield & Southern. Is it still there?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/60191094/98583974JCcacY
ryarger@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northfield turntable
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:55 pm 

Yep, definitely GN design. However, GN didn't run into Northfield. Dan Patch Line must have purchased this from GN and installed it down there.

I haven't been down to Northfield in several months. But I do not recall ever seeing it down there so I suspect it's long gone. I will check next time I'm down there.

Jim Vaitkunas
Minnesota Trans. Museum

http://www.mtmuseum.org
jvaitkunas@msn.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northfield turntable
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:19 pm 

I'm not a turntable expert, but I think that is pretty neat looking- setting, the rail, the table etc. Any guesses on how long it is?

Joshua

Homepage


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: