It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Stock car display
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:25 am 

At Hardin, Montana. Looks nice. Anyone know more about this display?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/44003646/44003802pQEFOa
ryarger@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stock car display
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:07 pm 

> At Hardin, Montana. Looks nice. Anyone know
> more about this display?

Nice looking car. Sure wish we had it at our museum. In fact, I wish we had ANY stock car at our museum!

Les Beckman (Hoosier Valley Railroad Museum/North Judson, Indiana)


midlandblb@cs.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stock car display
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:41 am 

> Nice looking car. Sure wish we had it at our
> museum. In fact, I wish we had ANY stock car
> at our museum!

> Les Beckman (Hoosier Valley Railroad
> Museum/North Judson, Indiana)

I visited this museum last year. I agree, nice car. They also have a CB&Q caboose that is in nice shape, a BAP caboose that needs restoration and a coach of unkown heritage. Currently the coach is on blocks with a tarp over the roof. I saw no signs of trucks (they could be elsewhere). The museum also has a restored CB&Q depot that originaly in Grass Lodge, MT.

The rest of the grounds is a collection of restored (and I mean restored) buildings collected from around the area. They also have a collection of old vehicles (most not restored).

There is a very nice and clean visitors center at the museum.

The town of Hardin also has its depot intact and was is the process of being converted to a chamber of commerce building.

toby.cat@prodigy.net


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: