It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Whitcomb critter page
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:42 pm 

Lots of tiny locomotives.

http://www.northeast.railfan.net/diesel96.html
ryarger@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Thousand Islands Whitcomb
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:02 pm 

I think this one was an electric steeple cab originally. Does it still look like this or has it deteriorated?

http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/tir500.jpg
ryarger@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thousand Islands Whitcomb
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:01 pm 

> I think this one was an electric steeple cab
> originally.

Actually, no. A previous discussion thread [whether on RyPN or another list, I don't recall] resulted in information that Thousand Islands #500 was built from the outset as a gas-electric [later converted to diesel] switcher. There was recently a website put out by the group that restored it (alas, URL unkown)..

hi_plain@yahoo.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thousand Islands Whitcomb
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:04 pm 

> I think this one was an electric steeple cab
> originally. Does it still look like this or
> has it deteriorated?

Correct it was rebuilt from an electric loco.
See article linked herewith.

Last I heard it was not too bad looking.


Early Diesels
oldtimetrains@sympatico.ca


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thousand Islands Whitcomb
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:47 pm 

Somewhere among all my pictures i have some shots of it from 2 yrs ago....I looks pretty much the same as the picture you posted Bob....I'll hunt them down and send a couple over to you....

Ken

Niagara Falls Railway Museum
digitekfx@kwic.com


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: